Monday, August 1, 2011

Fun Times

So not a whole lot has been going on. I have been scouring Etsy for other bedding that I like, but really I just dont feel like paying that much! I am by no means a great seamstress but I feel like I could throw a few of these things together. I mean I've made blankets before, and I have learned quite a few new tricks since making my first ones so the chance of the seams popping open has gone down considerably lol. And if I made a simple straight, flat bed skirt that seems way easy enough. So right there without much trouble I can make the blanket and skirt. The bumper might be a little harder if I try to get fancy and put ruffles or binding, but really thats not harder just more time consuming. So I think I am going to go to some fabric stores and see what I can find and start on a couple of stroller blankets. That way if I do find pre packaged bedding I like Im not out anything and it will give me a chance to see which materials I like together and play with a couple of different quilt patterns I found.


On that same note I found some wonderful sites on Etsy that will package fat quarters together for you from your fave collections, and another site thats cuts all the fabric for the front, center, and back of rag quilts... she will even embroider a name, date, or whatever kind of personalization you want onto one of the squares for free... Her store is here Even though Im good at making rag quilts and can easily cut my own material for $30 bucks having her cut it for me and have a square customized I think is worth it. I dont think Ill go crazy buying kits up, but I will see what the big difference is between her bundle and the fabric I buy at Hancock or Hobby Lobby later on this week.


Hubs is leaving this week for a few days... Im not looking forward to it, but I figure it will be a good time to catch up on a couple of my shows that he hasnt wanted to watch. I would say that its good sewing time, but really its the opposite. Hubs usually watches Monk for me when Im sewing so that Monk doesnt try to play in my pins, or drive his cars over material I am trying to cut lol. That and Monk tends to want to hold the material as Im trying to sew it which can sometimes get in the way.


My mom found an awesome sewing table for me at Walmart. Its really pretty and I think it will fit nicely in our room. Hubs thinks we dont have room for it but if I can ever fit Monks toys into his room I dont think we would have any problem fitting it into our dining/play room. Here's a picture of the table:



Thats not a very good picture of it, if you want to see it bigger just go to the walmart page here.