Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Craft Session Obsession

So today's post might look a little bit like a project bookmark location lol. I have a new site I am obsessed with, MakeIt-LoveIt.com. She is a creative genius! So today I am going to put links up to all of my favorite projects, and tutorials (she has step by step instructions with pictures) that I am going to attempt to recreate. Now most of these are kiddo related, but she also has tutorials for home, re-purposing clothes, holiday, no sew, and recipes. You really need to go browse the site if you havent before! Oh and all the light green titles are links to the page where the tutorial is!


Project number 1 - Stroller/Messenger Bag

This project she shows you how to make your own messenger bag, with a long messenger style strap and two small straps that perfectly attach to strollers, keeping the bag up and away from your feet. Basically you can attach it and not have to worry about your feet/legs hitting it every time you take a step.



And here is a tutorial on how to make a pacifier carrier you could make to attach to your messenger bag


Project 2 - Sippy Cup Leash

So this project looks simple! There's like three steps and you get a cute, and convenient leash for sippy cups to stop them from falling out of your kiddos reach, and worse falling on dirty floors.



Project 3 - Painted Canvases

Again, super easy. Paint a few canvases the color of your choice, find some silhouettes that work for the room, nail together, and hang. I love this one especially because it doesnt just have to be for a kids room. If you have a nature-esque styled room use leaves as your pattern and vines.... whatever you like. The end product is cute classy and adds a lot of splash with little artistic ability!




Project 4 - Knit Blanket/Knit Hat Combo

Adorable! This is one I am a little cautious about trying. It looks simple but Im not great at sewing stretchy materials yet... so its going to be interesting to say the least when I decide to tackle this project. But if nothing else I like how she made the appliqued letters, that looks simple, and I think I could manage that for other projects.



Project 5 - Snuggly Owl Plush

Love this project! I have been searching etsy and had found several owls that I loved and wanted to make, but unfortunately those were for sale and therefore had no patterns. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make my own pattern and owl but....yeah, that didnt turn out so great. This tutorial actually comes with a pdf pattern that you can download.



Project 6 - Basic Stuffed Elephant and Giraffe

I think this one is pretty self explanatory, make adorable stuffed elephants and giraffes!




Project 7 - Scrap Pieced Baby Bib

I think this will be a simple and easy project, that will be great to customize a couple bibs to your little one's "outing" outifits. That was always my little pet peeve. When Monk was younger and we were going out somewhere I could never find bibs that would match some of his cuter outfits. With the new little bundle of joy that wont be an issue, Ill just make a bib that matches.



Project 8 - Ribbon Lamp

I like this idea. With the new little one on the way, we are thinking that at least temporarily the kiddos might share a room. Now that will be easy if its another boy, but if its a girl we are trying to find bedding that fits with outdoors/camping/garden/birds/owl.... type of a design lol. So if I can find a couple of cute nuetral lamp bases and some white shades, I can then find coordinating ribbons to make the lamps match the room and each other.




Project 9 - Light Switch Cover

So I like this idea because if you, like us, live in an apartment you cant paint and that makes it really hard to add color to your rooms. This looks like a cheap, quick and easy way to add a little pop.



And Finally


Project 10 - Gathered Top Panel Curtains

I love these! Again not something that has to be used for a kids room. Great idea for curtains in any room in the house... Im even thinking when you sew them to the top gathered piece you could sew in an extra layer of sheer or just another color of material that is loose to make it flowy but also block out light, instead of using the blackout material which can sometimes be expensive.


Here is another curtain idea

Gathered Curtains With Ties


Now Im sure I will think of other projects that need to be done as well (as a matter of fact I have a few friends that I started making projects for awhile back and time has just slipped away from me...) So I am going to dust off my sewing machine and get back to crafting!


Ill post pictures of anything I actually accomplish