Thursday, June 24, 2010

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

So this time next week me and the fam will be on our way home to Texas! It's been awhile since we have been home and just been able to visit, so I decided that me and Monkey are going to go ahead and stay for about two weeks after Hubs comes back. The original reason for the trip home is the wedding of one of Hub's cousins. We were only going to be in town for two days, so our four day 4th of July weekend was going to have to be one day driving home, one day at the wedding, one day at my parents house, and then another day traveling back. Hub's little sister is going to ride back with him so he doesn't have to drive alone and then me and Monk are going to fly home after our little visit is done +

I've been really lonely lately because Hubs has been going on a lot of work trips, and had to be at the office really long hours, so it just hasn't left a lot of time for there to be any kind of break from Monk. I love him to pieces but in the 9 (almost 10) months since I had him I haven't had more than one or two 1 hour excursions to the grocery store away from him. So in the 10 months he's been here I have spent every.single.minute with him with the exception of 2 hours. So if you figure that there is roughly 30 days to a month (give or take February and any months with 31 days) and there are 24 hours in a day, and based on 9 months... I figure taking off the extra seven days because even though I'm the only one who gets up with him at night, he is usually a decent sleeper. Anyways back to the math, so 24 hours X 30 days X 9 months = 6,480 hours - 2 hours at grocery store. So that's 6,478 hours that I have spent with Monk. Now I'm not saying the Hubs hasn't been here during that time or anything I'm just stating that I have been.

So needless to say I'm looking forward to going home lol. And I'm not planning on dropping him off and going to party or anything, but I know my parents will be excited to play with him, so maybe I can take a bath, instead of a 5 second shower....

That and my mom is big on working out so going home will also give me a workout buddy, so hopefully I'll be able to start posting weight updates again, since right now my weight has done nothing. I haven't lost anything, but I haven't gained anything either. $