Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...Holding Myself Accountable...

So I have decided to shame myself into losing weight! I know nobody really reads this, but I will use the possibility of someone reading it to embarrass me. Here is a picture of Hubs and I when we were still dating. I had recently lost like 50 lbs or so. We shall call it the "before" picture.


And here is me a few months later trying on wedding dresses I was deliciously thin here (or thin by my standards I was like an 8/10 here I was very pleased with how I looked).



And now to show you what I have become. The "after"...





This is after eating my way through a deployment, a pregnancy and the isolation associated with having no friends, no where to go, and being a stay at home mom who's only form of communication consists of talking to her husband when he's not at work or extracurriculars, and my family on the phone. :(

I have one friend here and she has a job, a husband, a child and one on the way not to mention she has other friends... so I guess I'm trying to say that she actually has a life.

I have gained 100 lbs since that picture was taken of me in the wedding dress and I plan on losing it! I'm tired of looking at pictures of me thin self hoping for a genie to grant me three wishes! I'm going to get off my butt and do something about it!

I have dug out my Slim in 6 dvd and will begin working out today! I was reading the message boards at beachbody.com and it looks like after completing this workout most people lost around 10 lbs and a total of 14 inches. Now I dont know about the inches thing, but I know 10 lbs doesnt seem like much. The way I figure it though is kind of what me and my mom always say, " This time will pass by whether I lose weight or not, so even if it's only 5 lbs, that's weight that's gone that I didn't gain!"

Monkey's first birthday is in 4 months so roughly 16 weeks=almost three rounds of this dvd. So if I do multiple sessions of the dvd a day (mixing start it up with shape it up or something) than maybe I can maximize the effectiveness and lose 15 lbs a round instead of 10. That puts me losing between 30 and 45 lbs by Monk's birthday (when I have to go home and see everyone). Also we will be going to the Frio to float that same trip home and it would be nice to not be paranoid wearing shorts and a tankini top. I won't be anywhere near regular bathing suit body yet, but hey its better than nothing!

So I start today and will post once a week progress... I won't be posting my weight though... that's a little more embarrassing than I really want out there, I'll just be posting pounds lost. At the end I will post a total pounds and inches lost.