Friday, May 7, 2010

Feelin' Crafty

I've always enjoyed doing craft projects, whether it be for school, work, or just for fun. Before Monkey was born I would make random things like picture frames, mattes, pillow cases, etc. I taught myself how to crochet using Youtube videos (just type in crochet and you should see some) about two weeks before I delivered. I made two beanies (both of which were disasters) and started making a beanie for my sister but just haven't been able to finish. I have found myself more and more just getting on the computer and playing games, reading forums, getting on Facebook, yadda yadda yadda. Yea, not very productive. So I have decided to get back to my crafting!

So first I would like to finish some crochet projects, like the beanies for my sisters or some of the little crochet animals for Nolan. I have also been seeing these crochet necklaces and beads and I would love to make one {or some} of those...


I would also like to start a scrapbook off all the stuff we are doing as a family. Even though this is "just another duty station" to me and Hubs, this is Monkey's birth place.


And finally I love to sew and make stuff but without a sewing machine it takes forever to finish anything. I would eventually like to buy a sewing machine and take a few lessons because I would love to be able to make Monkey some quilts and then as he gets older a "t shirt blanket" or just be able to sew stuff up in general!


As a matter of fact I think tonight once I put Monk down to bed for the evening I am going to pull my crochet bag down from the top of the closet and start working on it :)